If you are an out-of-state member of the Bar, you will probably qualify for a deferment of the BSCR requirement until such time as you move your primary office to the state of Florida. However, you must ANNUALLY apply for this deferment, or else you may be required to complete the BSCR obligations.

You should annually receive a BSCR deferment form from the Bar, which must be returned by your CLE reporting date. If you have not received such a deferment form, click here to obtain one.

If you are delinquent in your reporting, and need to petition for a removal from delinquency, please click here.

If you have been practicing for more than five years, you may be eligible for a permanent exemption from the basic skills courses, although you would still be required to take the Practicing with Professionalism course if you ever moved your primary office to Florida. You should still annually file your deferment form as well, however, if you have not yet taken the Practicing with Professionalism course.

If you need an exemption form, please click here.

If you would like to view the official Florida Bar Regulations regarding BSCR obligations, including the rules for deferments and exemptions, please click here.